Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Rush Album "Clockwork Angels" (and Hall of Fames)


Well, today's the day Prog fans have been waiting for...the release of the new Rush album "Clockwork Angels".  I can't wait to turn on my Bose and crank it!!!  It's still too early in the morning though so I can't do that just yet (might disturb the neighbors).

But while I'm thinking about it, it still baffles me that a group like Rush hasn't made it into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.  The same goes for Dream Theater, Jethro Tull, Spock's Beard and Yes.  In fact, most (if not all) of the top Prog bands have been kept out of the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.  That's really a shame, bordering on criminal if you ask me. Is it because a lot of their songs are more than 5 minutes long or because they know more than three chords?  Who knows!  That's why I'm thankful for the Progressive Rock Hall of Fame (http://www.progressiverockhalloffame.com) where the groups that have some of the best chops in the world can get recognized.  Prog On!

No comments:

Post a Comment